Columbia (SC) Linux Users Group
This is the new (as of 10-19-2017) website for ColaLUG. The old website had a hard drive failure and rather than rebuild it, we decided to try Google Domains. That's what this is.
The Columbia Linux Users Group is a group of interested Linux and BSD users dedicated to sharing knowledge and experience concerning Linux, BSD, and Free and Open Source Software. (Sometimes abbreviated "FOSS").
Presently, we meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Richland Library on Assembly Street in Columbia.
ColaLUG usually meets once per month to talk about items related to Linux, BSD, free software and Open Source. The first meeting will be the regular monthly meeting where we have a brief business meeting to handle club matters, and then conduct educational sessions presented by our members or outside speakers.
Membership in ColaLUG is free and open to anyone interested in participating in or learning about Linux, BSD or Free and Open Source Software in the Midlands of South Carolina.
Admission and membership are free. Since June 2016, meetings are broadcast live, recorded, and are available on YouTube. Sometimes we piggyback on the UCLUG meeting.
We meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm. Meetings have no fixed time limit, but usually last until around 8:00-8:30 pm. If you have specific ideas for topics to be discussed, please email the list and we will work on your suggestion.
New meeting location beginning October 2016 meeting
We meet in Room 201 on the 2nd floor of the Richland Main Library, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201. Get directions. The room will be right in front of you as you come up the escalator.
previous meeting locations for historical reference, do not use this to find the meeting
- From March 2016 through October 2016, we met on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the USC Technology office on the 7th floor of IT-oLogy.
- prior meeting day was the 2nd Thursday of the month for all lines following.
- From February 2011 to February 2016 we met on the 2nd floor of IT-oLogy.
- From August 2010 to January 2011 we met at Control Management, Inc. at 3101 Carlisle St Columbia, SC.
- Prior to August 2010, we met in the Faculty Lounge (Room 1A03) of the Swearingen Engineering Center on the USC Campus, located at 301 Main St. at the intersection of Main and Catawba. (Three blocks south of Blossom St.)
Post a Comment